Only since the industrial age has the common diet of dogs been cooked, high in grains, and low in nutrients.
- Kibble was developed for human convenience, not dogs' health.....not cool!
- grain is commonly the main ingredient in kibble, which is difficult for a dog to digest. Amylase, the enzyme that breaks down carbohydrates, is not produced in dogs at the same level as in humans, and this puts stress on a dog's pancreas, which can lead to pancreatitis.....poor dog!
- kibble is cooked between 160f degrees and 300f degrees which causes 50% nutrient loss in meats and vegetables.....cooking food destroys natural enzymes and "good" as well as "bad" bacteria found naturally in raw foods.....they need those enzymes!
- only humans need to cook meat to process the "bad" bacteria.....your dog's evolution as a hunter and scavenger has maintained its extremely short digestive tract which does not allow bacteria the time to multiply to a significant level....dogs use what is needed in their food and quickly get rid of the rest.....power to the poop!
- shorter digestive tract means your dog needs nutrient rich food, unlike kibble, to obtain proper nutrition.....so kibble is not the best option!
- MAXOTA RAW is made with 16 fresh ingredients, while "premium" kibble commonly has as many as 100 ingredients. Reducing the number of ingredients and raising the nutritional value and bio-availability of those nutrients is best for optimal health, especially in allergy-prone animals.....the benefits are amazing!
- Our meats (muscle meat, raw meaty bones and organ meat) come from local USDA and HACCP approved facilities and are antibiotic, hormone, and steroid free. These are an excellent source of bio-available calcium, glucosamine and chondroitin, necessary for healthy hip and joint function. These meats naturally contain the bio-available amino acid Taurine, which is lost in the manufacturing process in kibble. The lack of Taurine has been linked to medical conditions such as blindness and heart disease. Kibble manufacturers add synthetic Taurine to their process which is harder for your dog to metabolize as compared to a natural form.
- MAXOTA RAW's biologically appropriate, nutritionally sound and adequate, ancestral diet is based on fresh prey's meat, bone, innards, and predigested fruit and vegetation such as seeds, leaves and grasses.....food that's fit for a dog!