NEW TO RAW? Simply transition your dog to MAXOTA RAW and get ready for some sensational changes in your dog's life!
- Most dogs will be completely excited to eat MAXOTA RAW and will transition to a full raw diet quickly.
- We recommend introducing your dog slowly to a raw diet to ensurethe change is positive and something they look forward to. This process can take up to 1 - 2 weeks.
- Begin by mixing MAXOTA RAW into your dog’s current food. Start with 25% MAXOTA RAW and 75% current food.
- After 1 - 3 days, as your dog accepts the food, feed 100% MAXOTA RAW for the morning meal and 100% current food for their evening meal for the next 4 - 7 days.
- To determine how your dog’s system is accepting the transition to raw, monitor their stool. It should be small, firm and void of any offensive odor. *check out the video below!
- When your dog has transitioned successfully, you can begin feeding raw foods for both meals.
- Hint: If refrigerated food is new to your dog, try warming the transition portion of MAXOTA RAW by tempering it. Place the portion in a zip-seal, water-tight plastic bag and place in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes. To prevent nutrient loss do not use water that is too hot and do not microwave.
- Most dogs will adapt to their new raw diet quickly and vigorously. However, some dogs are more sensitive to dietary changes. If your dog experiences soft or loose stool as a result of the transition, introduce the raw food more gradually. Mix in pure pumpkin or pure sweet potato as a natural stomach soother.